Re: Trading is time consuming

Hi
Steve,
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#000080>
You
echo my thoughts.  I'm an engineer and it's not that I wouldn't learn AMIB,
but I'm not sure I want to.  Time is a commodity.  There is not
enough of it to go around and if we don't devote enough of it to our families,
then the things that we are trying to achieve are lost anyway.  In this
market environment I have restricted myself to trading indexes.  With the
volatility of the current market it doesn't pay for me to play stocks if I can't
watch in real time.  I have done very well this year with the Profund bull
and bear mutuals and  I don't have to spend  much time at it.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#000080>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#000080>Thanks for the insight.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#000080>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#000080>James Wolf
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#000080>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#000080>

-----Original Message-----From:
owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Steve KarnishSent: Friday, November 15, 2002 2:32
PMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:Still Working
Fine

  Rick,

  Two weeks ago, I gave an eight hour MetaStock
  workshop to 81 participants.  On January 11th, I expect the same kind of
  numbers for my "advanced" seminar.  I'm convinced that over half of the
  people that attended the seminar actually trade.  I've never
  been convinced that anyone who post or uses AmiBroker trades these
  markets.

  AmiBroker is a great tool...if you have engineering
  or programming background.  MetaStock is certainly a better product for
  the "average" investor.  I've recommended, to engineers, that they
  investigate AmiBroker.  All of them have reverted back to the MetaStock
  program.  All of them have the same bitch:  the learning curve is
  much to steep.  How are the "dimmer bulbs, like myself, supposed to come
  up to speed on a program that even engineers find difficult?

  I'll save my energy for trading.  I've met
  hundreds of people who use MetaStock to trade on a daily basis.  I
  haven't come across anyone who uses AmiBroker that trades the markets
  actively.  Most just "talk" a good game.  The Denver Trading
  Group (and yes, as the name implies...they trade) is a group that is 950
  strong.  A fair number of this group have tried/bought AmiBroker and
  tossed it aside.  In fact, I don't know anyone in the group that is using
  it.  You gotta question why.

  Take care,

  Steve KarnishCedar Creek Trading, CTA<A
  href="http://www.cedarcreektrading.com/";>www.cedarcreektrading.com1-877-668-1125