[EquisMetaStock Group] invalid tests

I've been having a great time working on different formulas and doing
lots of system tests and so on, but I was wondering if there are any
things I should watch out for that would make my tests invalid when
it came to actually putting my theories into practise.  Are there any
indicators, or tools used to create formulas that give false results?
I recall reading in this group not too long along ago, there was a
fair bit of talk about a test that referenced future data and
therefore while it gave great results, was no good to actually use.
Any comments, tips?

Thanks