[Metastockusers] Re: Active Trading & Taxes

I should have said in posting these web sites, that I have not
thoroughly looked through them to form an opinion yet, and I don't
have any particular expertise in trader tax issues.  I just came
across them and made a note for future use.

I also note that (as with all things legal, accounting, and tax)
there is disagreement on tax strategies.  For example, the first site
I came across (www.greencompany.com/tradertaxstatus.htm) points out
that a commonly recommended entity structuring techinque, setting up
an LLC for the trading company plus a C-corp as a management company,
is actually disadvantageous (sp?) from a tax perspective.

I also saw a fairly recent book on trader tax issues at a booth at
the Anaheim Online Trading Expo.  Certianly would be available from
one of the trading book distributors.

Gary

--- In Metastockusers@xxxx, "Gary" <gary.keeney@xxxx> wrote:
> I've found tax information (and related, entity structuring) at the
> following sites:
>
> www.greencompany.com/tradertaxstatus.htm
> tradersaccounting.com
> www.traderstatus.com/
> www.daytradertax.com/
> www.strategiclegalservices.com
>

> --- In Metastockusers@xxxx, <uhehs@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I understand there are some specific tax laws related to what we
> are doing.
> >
> > For those of you who rely solely on trading profits for income,
can
> you
> > discuss tax implications and/or strategies you are using?

Sell a Home for Top $
http://us.click.yahoo.com/RrPZMC/jTmEAA/jd3IAA/zMEolB/TM