[Metastockusers] more tidbits about 8.0

I got some more info from the tech about this yesterday - this time
in writing.

* There are NO increases in the number of formula variables with 8.0 -
 still fixed at 20.  No other changes to the formula language, either.

* The number of symbols per folder has a new max of 6000 (vs 2000) -
and a new file structure that would invalidate prior read/write MSFL
engines - he said Paritech had to pull a new product they were about
to release as a result. No date for a new MSFL, either.

* The number of formulae in the list has a new max of 2000 (vs 1000) -
but no folders to organize them in.

* A few new indicators and templates are being provided (pivots and
fib studies mentioned)

* of course, there are a bunch of neat changes to system tester that
I described in an earlier post, and to the color palette.

His strongly expressed opinion was that no further major (i.e. 9.0 or
10.0) versions will be coming out, since "almost all" their devel
resources are currently devoted to the new-module effort that will
have a whole new engine behind it, and different programming language.

Jim Dean

Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/MVfIAA/zMEolB/TM