RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] updates lost in space

to disclose your email address to the group.  Please use this
page to reply.

Hi
Evan, I have been looking at ways of doing this too (grouping stocks into
folders according to industry / GICS classifications). I was hesitant to
move the stocks into different folders, only in that it may then make it
difficult to locate a particluar stock (would have to determine it's
industry classification to find the appropriate folder). Especially since as you
say some of the catagories are quite vague (consumer discretionary for
instance.. everything from manufacturing to media
companies).
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Currently i have gone through the painstaking task of saving a bunch of
explorer lists which achieve a similar but less obvious result. At least it
keeps the folders in A-B order. As you say, no easy way to do this.. had to pick
through them one by one to form each sector list. the other problem, is that
these lists (same applies to folders) are not dynamic. Any new stocks etc, will
not be captured. At least with your folder option, you will find new issues in
the A-Z folders. I wont have the same visability just using explorer lists... I
think I've inadvertantly gone for a "needle in a haystack
approach"!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Previous to getting on board with Metastock I was using OTS Ezychart as
well, you are right in that the EzyAnalyser does in fact have a grouping option
by industry sector.. has this been updated to reflect the new GICS sectors
though? Perhaps there is a way I can crossreference the two systems to track
dynamic changes.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>cheers,  Mike

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Evan Cox
  [mailto:ejcox@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Sunday, 22 September 2002 7:41
  PMTo: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [EquisMetaStock Group] updates lost in space
  Hi
  Bill,
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial
  color=#0000ff size=2>The only two ways I know of to sort the industry groups
  in Metastock is, unfortunately, costly and/or time
  consuming.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  1 -
   I have manually sorted the groups into the folders by copying the
  individual files into their groups, with a separate Warrants and Options
  folder.  I have still kept the A - Z folders empty so if a new warrant or
  stock enters the market, they will by default go into these folders.

  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  2 -
  I also have the OTS Ezy Station with its downloader that can sort the
  Metastock into the CIGS grouping which I find a little
  vague.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
      <FONT face=Arial
  color=#0000ff size=2>Both of these methods will work as long as when using the
  Equis Downloader you 'traverse all folders' in the options under the
  converting tool.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  Hope