Re: [Metastockusers] Stocks with a life of their own

David,

Thanks for the report.

There is actually an indicator in MS that I found
later that is used to compare securities called
"Correlation".

I wrote an Explorer to compare the SPY (S&P 500) to
the securities in my folders.  It will be interesting
to see how your list compares.

To use this in the way that I have, you have to have a
high enough MS version where you can call up another
security (I'm not sure which version introduced that
feature).  If anyone is interested in the Explorer, I
can post it - it is a fairly simple code.

This is from the MS help files:

"Correlation of one security to another - Another use
of correlation analysis is to measure the strength of
a relationship between two securities.  Often, one
security's price "leads" or predicts the price of
another security.  This is especially noticeable with
commodities.  For example, the correlation coefficient
of gold versus the dollar shows a strong negative
relationship.  In other words, an increase in the
dollar usually predicts a decrease in the price of
gold."

Pring

--- David Jennings <DavidJennings@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

=== message truncated ===