SR ZigZag Trend by Spyros Raftopoulos

Theo:

Thanks for your interest.
I agree that there is no magic indicator. Mine is not one for sure!
On the contrary, what is nice about SR ZZT - I think - is exactly this: it
takes all the magic apart from the zigzag indicator and it leaves there what
is only trustworthy, "tradable" and not revisable. So maybe what one gets
from SR ZZT does not seem as promising as that from the zigzag itself, but
with my indicator WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get), whereas with
zigzag this is NOT true at all! Of course this does not mean that the zigzag
indicator is not a great tool for TA. Quite the opposite. Actually SR ZZT is
based on it! But you can't use zigzag in systems and you cannot trust its
last leg. That's all.

As I said, the code for the fourth (last) version of SR ZZT has already been
posted to this group too, but only a couple of users seem to have noticed
it... I guess I will have to publish it in TASC first :-)

Before I provide the code I will have to ask you and everyone else who will
use it or refer to it
1. to not change its name, which is "SR ZigZag Trend" or just "SR ZZT"
2. to not use it for commercial purposes and to not post or publish it
outside this group without my permission
3. to not publish any changes made to its code before first discussing them
with me
4. to not use the whole code or significant part of it in other indicators
or tools except if this is done for his/her own use.

Needless to say that I am ready to discuss any suggestions and to answer any
relative questions if I can.

I am sorry for the above restrictions, but I have already seen my previous
indicator published by sites I had never visited before and I hear confusing
names like "zigzagSR" or whatever all the time. So let's stick to the name
and the code given until we all agree that they should be changed :-)

So here it is.

{SR ZigZag Trend (SR ZZT) v.4}
{by Spyros Raftopoulos}

{It is based on the Metastock Zigzag indicator and it returns 1 for a
confirmed
uptrend, and -1 for a confirmed downtrend.}

{****************************************}

vr:=Input("Field (0=Ind/tor, 1=Open, 2=High, 3=Low, 4=Close)",0,4,0);
amnt:=Input("Reversal amount",0.001,1000,10);
md:=Input("Method (1=Percent, 2=Points)",1,2,1);
{****************************************}

vr:=If(vr=1,OPEN,If(vr=2,HIGH,If(vr=3,LOW,If(vr=4,CLOSE,P))));
zz0:=If(md=1, Zig(vr,amnt,%), Zig(vr,amnt,$));
zz1:=Ref(zz0,-1);
zz2:=Ref(zz0,-2);
{****************************************}

tr:=ValueWhen(1,zz0>zz1 AND zz1<zz2, zz1);
pk:=ValueWhen(1,zz0<zz1 AND zz1>zz2, zz1);
PU:=If(md=1,tr+Abs(tr)*amnt/100,tr+amnt);
PD:=If(md=1,pk-Abs(pk)*amnt/100,pk-amnt);

res:=If(vr>=PU AND zz0>zz1,1,
If(vr<=PD AND zz0<zz1,-1,0));
res:=If(res<>0,res,ValueWhen(1,res<>0,res));
res

I guess you have missed my "SR ZZTsum" too. So, if you find the above one
interesting, then ask me to send this one too. SR ZZTsum is nothing really
new as it is based on SR ZigZag Trend. Nevertheless the news are that it
works very good in several markets.

Happy trends!

Spyros