From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Yarroll
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 7:19 PM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Initializing variables

Hello List,

Is there a way to simply initialize a variable in MFL?
If I want to compare a system which uses eg. 200-day MA to one without this,
my results would be sharply different simply because this MA-200 system miss
es the first 200 bars of data. Or, as sometimes might be the case, there's n
o signals at all (eg. if there's less than 200 bars of data).

I tried something like:

.... {long entry rule here}
AND         (    C>Mov(C,200,S) OR cum(1)<200)   )  but that doesn't seem to
do the trick... There's no signals for the first 200 bars even if those cond
itions are mutually exclusive.

Thanks. All the best

Yarroll
***