tough coding problem

I am working on a tough coding problem.  Here is what I
am trying to do.

Either the day before yesterday, today, or today,
the High must be the "second-highest high" of the past
20 days.

I can not figure out how to find out if the the "second-highest
high of the last 20 days" has occured within the last 3
days.  I can easily find the highest high but not
the second highest high.
Equis support gave a solution which allows me to do the above
only in an expert or exploration, but not in the system tester. Basically the
solution is
"You can use the HHVBars() function to find out how many bars ago the highest
value was.  Buy putting that function inside the LastValue() function, this
number becomes a constant which you can then use inside other functions.
>From there, you can Ref() back to that point and find the highest value before
that one and the highest value since.  This will give you the second
highest value during the 20 bar period.  Then you can compare it to the
most recent three bars to see if it matches one of them."
" this technique will not work with historical values on an
expert, though it could be used to give you alerts on new data.  The reason
it is limited this way is because of the LastValue() function.  This always
refers looks at the last bar loaded and returns the value whatever is being
referenced has on that bar.  Therefore,  in the example I used below,
LastValue will return the number of bars since the 20 day high was made, as
calculated on the last bar of data loaded.  This value is the only number
ever used, regardless of the bar the formula is being calculated on."
Anyone have any other clever ideas on doing this?
Thanks
Tom