From: "onno goedknegt" <o.goedknegt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 1:46 PM
Subject: Different RSI in MetaStock ?

Hi all,

I wondered if others have noticed the same.
It seems that the calculation for RSI in MetaStock differs from the
standard RSI calculation.

I 'm trying to "translate" my MetaStock trading system into an Excel
sheet.
And because my MetaStock trading system contains RSI, I need
to "translate" the RSI calculation into Excel.

Attached Excel sheet contains my RSI calculation (sheet: calc 1).
Other calculations downloaded from the Internet give the same values
for RSI as my calculation (sheet: calc 2).

MetaStock RSI values are shown in red.

1. Which version is correct ?
2. How does MetaStock calculate their RSI ?

Thanks for your input.

Kind regards,
Onno