Re: [Metastockusers] Fractal and Chaos Theory

Jeff,

Thanks for the pointers. I'll take a more thorough look at the archived
thread when I have some time, but right off the bat I agree with your
statement,

"practical adviceis to stick with "simpler" notions like support and
resistance.  I've spent a lot of time looking into fractal
models and I do think they can be very worthwhile, but I don't
know if the amount of time needed to get a good understanding
isn't better spent on developing less sophisticated models."

I've happily traded with nothing more visual chart inspection and firmly
believe that too much information can confuse and louse up a winning
perspective and methodology.

I still wonder if my thesis that a stock will tend to revert to its "fractal
dimension" is true.

Jim