Re: FW: Cup & Handle coding (TASC Mag Sept 01)

The discussions were by several that I consider quite skilled in programming
in general and reasonably proficient in Metastock code. Many of us also are
quite familiar with the cup-with-a-handle (c-w-a-h) patterns. You don't need
to try to write the code to know the problems that a programmer is faced with
in trying to convert what seems "obvious to the eye" into code. If you write
code, any code, for very long you know what is programmable and what is not.
As I have said, I have studied c-w-a-h patterns for many years and agree with
William O'Neil that it is a valuable indicator, but I have not seen a good
program written for it in any programming language--almost all of which are
more flexible and powerful than Metastock code. Why? Because there are many
"judgmental" factors in what constitutes a c-w-a-h pattern and what does not.
The lack of other responses to your post, I think, is indicative of what I am
repeating here and what has been discussed before.
Joe