  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2001 9:17
  PM
  Subject: RE: Afghanistan Off Topic

  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>Sonny
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  was not saying we should turn the other cheek. I was quoting (I think) Christ.
  I am still trying to reconcile the issues for me. Since that is my problem I
  will try to leave it off the list.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  The
  problem in Afghanistan reminds me of what we did after WW I. We left Germany
  in such a state that we planted the seeds for the WW II Germany to arise. We
  were wiser after WW II and actually helped Germany and Japan to recover but
  with free democratic countries.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  It
  seems that what needs to be done is to establish control over Afghanistan and
  help rebuild it into a free democratic country so that they can join the rest
  of the free world. This is, of course, a threat to all countries that rule by
  force of arms. An impoverished country is the soil from which this sort of
  terrorism arises.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  I do
  not think we should strike them hard blindly as I do not believe the people
  are at fault. I think the target is the government, the military, and the
  terrorists. My personal belief is taking over the country until a free
  democratic government can be established.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#008080
  size=4>
  Just
  my 2 cents, neo

  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #008080 2px solid">
    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
    owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
    Behalf Of Sonnysark@xxxxxxxSent: Saturday, September 15, 2001
    8:41 PMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
    God&War I
    never said you were asinine, or naive.  I said you're ideas were naive
    and asinine and sounded like something a college student would say.
     They just killed over five thousand people (or more we don't know
    yet), they just destroyed even many more lives, they just cost us multi
    billions of dollars, and on top of that we haven't been able to trade (a bit
    of humor in all this) and you were saying to just turn the other cheek?
     Come on man!  But you are now making a lot more sense, as you are
    talking about some type of military action.  We should strike them so
    hard that even our allies will be shocked.  This is the only thing they
    understand.
                                -H.
    Sonny Sarkissian- <FONT lang=0 face=Arial color=#008080
    size=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">Sonny<FONT lang=0 face=Arial color=#000000
    size=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">   <FONT lang=0 face=Arial
    color=#008080 size=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">I am sorry my questions made you
    angry. This is the usual reflex action. We do not like something, we feel
    anger and then we attack. Your attack on me personally is clear by calling
    me "naive and asinine", and my thoughts as "naive, college student like
    thinking".<FONT lang=0 face=Arial color=#000000 size=3
    FAMILY="SANSSERIF">   <FONT lang=0 face=Arial
    color=#008080 size=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">I am well past my college years. We
    live in an imperfect world. I think we need to give this deeper thought.
    Perhaps we need to take military action but I wonder in what manner. Perhaps
    this might involve a coalition with the Northern group in Afghanistan and
    take control of the country and establish a democratic government with NATO
    occupation. Then move on to other countries one by one. This would all have
    to be done with the support of the moderate Muslims and the rest of the
    world.<FONT lang=0 face=Arial color=#000000 size=3
    FAMILY="SANSSERIF">   <FONT lang=0 face=Arial
    color=#008080 size=4 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">What we do not want to do is
    polarize the Muslims to give the terrorists more support.<FONT lang=0
    face=Arial color=#000000 size=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF">
    <FONT lang=0 face=Arial color=#008080 size=4
    FAMILY="SANSSERIF">neo<FONT lang=0 face=Arial color=#000000 size=3
    FAMILY="SANSSERIF">