Ben Laden

Dear friends,

As it becomes clear that Ben Laden is the prime suspect in the present act
of terrorism and has for a certainty been responsible for the attacks in
Africa, I suspect all energies will be directed to capturing or killing him.
This might prove to be quite difficult, and I'm afraid the only hope of
accomplishing it in the foreseeable future will be to cowe the Taliban
thugs into handing him over.

But there may be another and speedier way of getting at him that would hurt
him or at least circumscribe his capability to organize further acts of
terrorism. Has anyone thought about the possibility of beggaring him? All
these vast amounts of money B.L. can dispose of have to be stashed
*somewere*, and the financing and preparation of present operations is
certain to have cost a great deal of money as well. I'm sure that a good
part of the concomitant financial transactions, i.e. payments to his killer
commandos and their helpers, must be traceable.

If he has accounts in Switzerland, Liechtenstein or the Bahamas it should
be quite easy to freeze and confiscate them, and as regards his accounts in
one or more of the Arabic states, this would be a very appropriate occasion
for them to show where their loyalties lie.

The technical knowhow and acumen to trace and seize B.L.'s funds can of
course be found first of all in the financial community which was a primary
target, and which would thereby have a fitting and unique opportunity of
hitting back at this devil in human disguise.

Jan Willem Roberts