Re: Math programs

Theo,

Lionel is right that Matlab is rather expensive for home use and if you can't
get it from a student it probably
is to much to pay ....

On the other hand I find it very easy to learn (if you have some basic
programming experience, even VBA 'll do
i'm sure if you start from scratch you'll learn it a lot faster than VBA ...)
I'm not sure what you mean by 3-D and 4-D, but matlab can handle
multi-dimensional data and graphs just as
easily as 2-D. Sometimes, these higher dimensions get messed up in your own
head.

It's true that there are lots of extensions (or peripherals as you like) to
matlab, so-called toolboxes (in fact both
mathematica and matlab have financial 'toolboxes' or 'notebooks') but the core
matlab is extensive enough
to fulfill all your math desires .... (don't forget that the toolboxes
themselves are written in matlab)

Maybe take a look at <http://members.aol.com/johnp71/javasta2.html> (the link
was kindly provides by
Mike Suesserot (?)) where there are some matlab alikes for free.

Kind regards
Leo

"Theo E.M. Lockefeer" <sky40912@xxxxxxxxx>@metastock.com on 12-09-2001 19:30:00

Please respond to metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx