Re: Larry Williams' "Volatility Breakout System"

Try This.
1) Create an Indicator named:  "Entry-Signal"

Put your entry signal of choice into it.  You need this because
stops are set relative to the
entry signal (kind of obvious, but MSWin doesn't really think like
this...)

In case you just want something quick, here's a 9-21ema crossover.
just as a sample.  You can change it later to suit your system.
-----------------
Cross(Mov(C,9,e), Mov(C,21,e))
-----------------

2) Create an Indicator named:  "Stop-ATR Ratchet"
Paste the following code into it.

------- Start - Cut and Paste -------------------
{Trailing Stop based on ATR Ratchet concept}
{Be sure to set Entry signal is this indicator}
SIGNAL:=Fml("Entry-Signal");

HoldBars := Input("Delay before Ratchet", 0, 20, 10);
RatchetFactor := Input("Acceleration", .01, .10, .02);
ATRval := Mov(ATR(1),10,E);
{Assumtion (Conservative): Entry at High of bar
 to calculate Profit Target}
ProfTarget := ValueWhen(1, SIGNAL, H + ATRval);
TradeBars := BarsSince(SIGNAL);
RatchetBars := Max(0, TradeBars - HoldBars);
  { Entry Stop - hold until ProfTarget reached
    I used highest of: Lowest 10-day low and L-3ATR}
EntryStop := ValueWhen(1, SIGNAL,

Max(LLV(L,10), L-3*ATRval) );
TrailStop := LLV(L,10) + ATRval*TradeBars*RatchetFactor;
STP := (C<ProfTarget) * EntryStop +
       (C>=ProfTarget) * TrailStop;

HighestSince(1, SIGNAL, STP);
Claud....(Courtesy of Paul Beattie)