Re: ISP When Traveling

At 12:25 PM 9/7/01 -0400, you wrote: >>>> I am going to be traveling to the Midwest in October and must have dial up internet access on the trip. I currently have Verizon as my Dial up and DSL provider. Because of the DSL, I cannot simply drop Verison for another provider.

And, would you believe Verision (formerly Bell Atlantic and GTE) does not allow eastern customers to access their accounts in the Midwest or western states or visa versa. Most of their technical and billing personnel were unaware of the problem and could not solve it. Even Public Relations at their corporate HQ was not aware of the problem.

My request is simply this. Aside from AOL, what nationwide provider would you recommend.

Thanks for your help,

Jim Barone

<<
I bought a block of time (150 hours for about $65CAN) without time limit of use from a local ISP who offered a "Roaming Service". The Roaming service provides me with tel numbers for local ISPs just about anywhere around the world.
This roaming service is subscribed to many ISPs and I suggest you contact local providers and ask them whether they offer a block of internet connect time without expiry date and whether they have a roaming service plan.
This 150 hours provides me with an easy backup service without monthly fees as well.
Good luck! Herman