Re: Yahoo Quotes Import to Metastock, how?

I find that Yahoo historical data is usually updated
8-9 EDT.  This has nothing to do with the program.  No program will
update before Yahoo updates their servers.  As for time, it appears that
some data suppliers such as eSignal take a stream of symbols and then give back
a stream of data.  However, some take and give a symbol and data in
sequence, which is what Yahoo does and is probably slower.  I have found no
difference in speed when downloading a large file for a single symbol (e.g., DJI
1928-2001) where there is no symbol input required.  From my perspective, I
do not download 5,000, so my downloading session is about 3 minutes for 200
or so quotes.  Subsequently, they are stored automatically in various
folders as under normal Downloader operation.  I have found the data
quality to be excellent, which is not surprising as their supplier is
CSI.

Bill
<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV