Re: need networking help

I run 2 computers through a
Linksys hub with no problems

Norm:
Thanks for your reply.

I used to run Son's computer & my own computer through a 4port hub (ca$89.90)
no problem, since my residential dsl modem provides up to 2 IP addresses;
each of the computer uses one ip address to go online at the same time.

It is now networking my computer with a second cpq sharing ONE IP
address,turning my computer into a server, using W2k ICS function, that is a
bit of a hardship.  I am working on it slowly.....

Think the alternative will be buying a router which needs only 1 IP address.
Our computer store here told me it will be about ca$200. plus tax.