Re: Coding MaxLoss and ProfitTarget Stops

At 08:26 AM 8/26/01 +1200, you wrote:
>Herman
>
>I have done some work with profit and loss stops in the past, and am
currently working on another
>specific profit/loss stop. I have never checked my results against MS with
regard to profit and loss
>stops so have nothing to offer at this point. Obviously I have tested that
the equity curve is
>correct in terms of the price exit points, but as I use fixed equity for
all my testing only the
>first trade relates to the MS equity curve anyway.
>
>As I evolve the current stop over the next few days I will compare it
against MS as best I can and
>report my results.

Thanks Roy, I usually try to add some redundant code to my routines for
testing and verification purposes so that I can compare their performance
with MS canned functions. Same with the stops ... I always doubt my ability
and am "happier" when my results agree with MS. In this business a simple
mistake can cost a lot of money :-)

Look forward to hearing how it works out for you,
Thanks for the feedback,
Herman.