  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 4:44
  AM
  Subject: Re: Weekly/Monthly data
  Sean,Interesting point. This reminds me of the
  arguments for and against plottinga moving average where we commonly do so
  now.  If considered logically, andfrom the mathematical viewpoint of
  what the average represents, then theaverage should really be plotted at
  the point on the chart which representsthe mid point of the average, and
  not the last point, as common practicetoday, and since the beginning of
  charting.So for a 21 day simple MA you would plot it at the middle
  pont of theaverage, that is today minus 11 days.It of course raises
  more interresting questions as to where to plot weightedaverages, or
  exponentials. Presumably at the point representing the centreof gravity of
  the data, not the mid point.  Not very mainstream, and notmuch
  help.So for weekly data, a more representative figure might be the
  close onWednesday, or even an average of the weekly closes. However,
  usually aweekly figure is used where less information is needed, not more,
  hence theclose of the week.Simon-----Original
  Message-----From: Sean Taylor <<A
  href="mailto:cloudnine@xxxxxxxxxxxx";>cloudnine@xxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  Metastock List <<A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Date:
  21 August 2001 01:35Subject: Weekly/Monthly data>Is anybody
  out there using weekly (or even monthly data)?>>It occurred to
  me that if using weekly data for a system, is it truely a>reflection of
  the weeks activity to go off the weeks close?  Might it be>better
  to perform some sort of average on the weeks data to better reflect>the
  weeks activity?  i.e. the average close for the week.>Metastock
  takes the Friday close and uses this for weekly data.>>I raise
  this because I've come up with a system that works well on the>Russell
  2000 weekly but not daily.>>It just seems that the data I'm
  basing the test off could vary as easily as>an individual
  day.>>Thoughts?>>Thanks,>Sean>>