Weekly/Monthly data

Is anybody out there using weekly (or even monthly data)?

It occurred to me that if using weekly data for a system, is it truely a
reflection of the weeks activity to go off the weeks close?  Might it be
better to perform some sort of average on the weeks data to better reflect
the weeks activity?  i.e. the average close for the week.
Metastock takes the Friday close and uses this for weekly data.

I raise this because I've come up with a system that works well on the
Russell 2000 weekly but not daily.

It just seems that the data I'm basing the test off could vary as easily as
an individual day.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Sean