Symbols & Highlights asynchrony

After spending many hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my
formulae I finally decided to verify the MS Expert Symbols and HighLight
synchrony.

For the same code Highlights and Symbols do not start at the same time.

Test for yourself and please let me know if I am wrong:

Highlight: DayOfWeek()=2;   {Tuesday}
Symbol: DayOfWeek()=2;

When the Expert appears on the chart the HighLight starts on Mondays, one
day early.

Perhaps this is supposed to be this way but pretty confusing if you use an
arrow to show the start of a new position and a highlight to show the
duration of the position.

Can anybody explain?

Thanks,
Herman.