Re: Metastock plug-ins for Larry Williams

Hi Sean, yes I agree it's a great book - I especially like the
'oops' strategy for daytrading (can't remember if it was that book or another of
Larry's.)

Unfortunately I don't have time to try to program indicators
etc myself, so I'm always on the hunt for ready-made ones. In case it's useful,
here's a formula (given me by a friend of mine) for the William's
Trough:

Ref(WillR(14),-1) = Trough(1,WillR(14 ),2)AND Ref(WillR(14),-1) <
Ref(WillR(14),-2) AND WillR(14) > Ref(WillR(14),-1)AND Ref(WillR(14),-1)
< -90;
I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet so I can't vouch
for it!

Cheers
Nick

<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  -----Original Message-----From:
  Sean Taylor <<A
  href="mailto:cloudnine@xxxxxxxxxxxx";>cloudnine@xxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
  metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  <<A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>Date:
  Tuesday, 14 August, 2001 8:53Subject: RE: Metastock plug-ins
  for Larry Williams
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Nick,
  Have
  you read 'Long Term secrets to Short term trading' ?  I think it's a
  great book.
  want to look at implementing some of his TDW/TDM ideas via indicators. i.e.an
  indicator that gives a weighting for each day of the week based on a
  stocks historical record.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  His
  patterns sound good as they are based on market psychology.  i.e. the
  market thought price was heading this way but if it immediately reverses and
  takes out price X then it will likely continue...
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  He
  also uses intermarket analysis to weight things in his favour.
  Hence I'm looking at interest rates and bond prices to influence the
  S&P.
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>
  <FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
  size=2>Sean

    <FONT face=Tahoma
    size=2>-----Original Message-----From:
    owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
    Behalf Of Nick ChannonSent: Sunday, August 12, 2001 5:10
    AMTo: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Metastock
    plug-ins for Larry Williams
    Hi group,

    I wonder if anyone can tell me where to obtain Metastock
    plug-ins related to the work of Larry Williams? Any pointers to
    explorations, experts and indicators would be appreciated.

    Many thanks,
    Nick