Applications

Hi Lionel

It's by Prentice Hall - ISBN 0-13-095071-8.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130203122/qid=994155420/sr=1-2/ref=s
c_b_2/107-2442644-9671752

Statistics for Managers Using Microsoft Excel, 2/e
by David M. Levine, Mark L. Berenson, David Stephan

To others that wrote:

Linear Algebra is just a first year course that is usually required for most
areas including business and economics. When you check the used book stores
look for the books that are math orientated rather than computational or
arithmetic orientated. Any of the good programs will do the arithmetic for
you <G>

By applications I meant math applications not case studies. For example, one
of the intro books has 8 pages on Markov Chains in the Matrix chapter. The
analysis of probability and transition probabilities are particularly
applicable to trading. This is a good starting point for some of the more
advanced areas.

It's hard to keep your trading focus when faced with pages of computation.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" ... not
an easy task.

Best regards

Walter