RE: Indicator System problem

Roy,

I've been working through your code suggestions and the Pos variable doesn't
get initialised until after both a Long and a Short trade.
I've stripped out everything else to resolve this first.  I'm also not
worried about triggers a day early or late than can be adjusted later.
I'm assuming it's because there is now nothing to trigger the LongEntry,...
variables early now.

This is the stripped out segment:

LongEntryPoint:=Ref(H,-1);
ShortEntryPoint:=Ref(L,-1);
LongExitPoint:=O;
ShortExitPoint:=O;
LongEntry:=Ref(C,-1) < C AND
    C < L+((H-L)/4) AND
    C < O AND
    H < Ref(H,+1); {last part only for system test - following day entry
condition}
LongExit:=barsSince(LongEntry)=3;{auto exit 3 days later}
ShortEntry:=Ref(C,-1) > C AND
    C > H-((H-L)/4) AND
    C > O AND
    L > Ref(L,+1); {last part only for system test - following day entry
condition}
ShortExit:=barsSince(ShortEntry)=3;{auto exit 3 days later}
Init:=Cum(LongEntry<>2 AND LongExit<>2 AND
  ShortEntry<>2 AND ShortExit<>2)=1;
Pos:=Ref(If(BarsSince(LongEntry OR Init)>=
  BarsSince(LongExit OR Init),0,2) +
  If(BarsSince(ShortEntry OR Init)>=
  BarsSince(ShortExit OR Init),0,-1),-0);

Thanks again for your help,