  To: <A title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 11:55
AM
  Subject: Re: System testing
  Philip,Yes, Tradestation is an option.  I
  currently own TS4 in addition to Metastock.  It does have
  thelimitation of looking back at only 13,000 bars, which is fine from an
  EOD perspective, but not sogood on 1 minute or 5 minute data.
  TS2000i is pricey when purchased new and still a bit buggy,but eminently
  capable for testing purposes.  Recently, Omega (or Tradestation
  Technologies as theyare now known) has objected to sales of used
  Tradestations on eBay, so they've all been pulled.You might check out
  AmiBroker if you are doing EOD work.  Several Metastock users have said
  somevery positive things about its capabilities.  <A
  href="http://www.amibroker.com";>www.amibroker.comAnother option
  that I've recently started looking at is NeoTick RT which sells for only $650
  forthe realtime version, and $80 for the EOD version. <A
  href="http://www.tickquest.com";>www.tickquest.com  This supports VB
  andJavaScript which may be an alternative to EasyLanguage.Finally,
  if you are so inclined, you might consider the Metastock Developer's
  Kit.  LearningPowerBasic won't be much different from EasyLanguage,
  or even Delphi (EL is derived from Pascal)might not be much
  different.That said, EL isn't really that difficult to learn.
  You'll get deeper and deeper as you needfeatures, but you'll be building
  on simpler things that make it easy to start.  As an example, foryour
  entry, the EasyLanguage code isIf YourEntrySignal then buy at High + 1
  point Stop;Dave NadeauFort Collins, CO--- Philip
  <pschmi02@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:> Thanks for the speedy reply, Dave. I guess that translates into
  "time for> Tradestation" for me. I have been hesitating because I dread
  the learning> curve in TS, and there are still one or two things I'd
  like to write in> Metastock. Still, I need to enter on a stop and the
  work-around you describe> sounds even more challenging.>
  > Best regards,> Philip> > Dave Nadeau
  wrote:> > > Philip,> >> > Regrettably,
  no, not in the System Tester.  (I own up through V7.03--based>
  > on what I've heard about V7.2,it hasn't changed in this regard.)  If
  you> > really wanted to do this, you're probably looking at writing
  a .dll in> > Powerbasic, Delphi, or C++ and doing it all outside of
  Metastock--and> > returning the results to be charted or reported in
  an Exploration.> >> > Dave Nadeau> > Fort
  Collins, CO> >> > > -----Original Message----->
  href="mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  this been built into any subsequent> > > releases?> >