Re[2]: QP2 Directory limitation -- Janene

Hello Janene,

I have used own routines to access to Metastock database. I can say
that internal format of the emaster, master and *.dat files have
not been changed. Dates are saved as YYYYMMDD-19000000 floating point
values. The old database format is Y2k compatible.
To avoid 255 limitation Metastock maintain extra files for indexes and
data if necessary.
I can say that the old emaster and master files preserves 16 bit place
for sequential number of *.dat file. Equis was able to avoid 255
limitation with minimal incompatibility.

/ksr
mailto:ksr@xxxxxxx