Re: Anybody else having problem with Preferred's proprietory trading software?

Forgot to mention. When I try to ping the Preferred server, it goes through
all hops OK, except the last one, giving the error msg "The destination
address is unreachable", i.e. the handshake doesn't occur the way it
should. It explains why the connection is so slow - it send requests over
and over again until somehow it succeeds. But what's wrong with the
handshake?

As for ...

> Care to elaborate on the Preferred trading software problems?  I just
> transfered some funds there to give em a test run.

As I said , Preferred executes fast, well. No complaints on this. Also,
I am not a day trader, so in "theory" it wouldn't matter if a response to
my orders, commands delays to show up on a monitor. But if you want
to exit in a fast moving market (don't ask why one would want to do it
with a hope to save a buck or two meanwhile :-)   ), it becomes too
stressful. That's it, too stressful!

So, if in your case their software works fast, you'll be happy with
Preferred, I guess.

Cheers, Vitaly