Re: CBOE volatility indicator

Lionel
Larry McMillan talked about the $VIX at the Summit, in San Diego.  He made it
look rather interesting for finding low volatility, areas of possible strong
moves.   As many of the other traders, he suggested that low volatility portends
a possible strong move.  Because the direction of the move is indefinite, he
uses option combinations, using a 20 day MA stop.

My opinion, fwiw...
The index is not perfect, because many options are just noise, such as those
bought and sold by funds, as a hedge for their stock positions.  Still, perhaps
the VIX index can be used as we use the ADX, to validate tops and bottoms (a
change in direction).

I sold some QQQ FEB64 puts this morning, and still have my fingers, and toes,
crossed.  :^)
Larry