Re: MACD vs. "relative" MACD

Hi Lionel,

Yes, in somes cases there can be a difference in divergence.

See attached chart (KPN_MACD.GIF).

Since March 2000 KPN is in a downtrend.
The normal MACD gives a positive divergence.
But the "relative" MACD (= MACD/CLOSE) doesn't show a positive divergence.

Furthermore:
The "relative" MACD (= MACD/CLOSE) shows a clearer negative divergence
before the top was reached in March 2000.

I was wondering which MACD version is (statistical) better.

Onno