Format of COMMLIST\EQ_SLIST data files

Does anybody out there know the format of the Explorer Lists data files
stored in the COMMLIST\EQ_SLIST directory?

Messages to support@xxxxxxxxx have remained completely unanswered.

I want to be able to automatically populate explorer lists with key
information like index participation (eg. run an exploration against all
stocks in the gold sector) but these data files are very big and
reverse-engineering would take a lifetime.

This functionality does not seem to be included in the Metastock Developers
Kit either.

If anybody knows this, I would be extremely grateful.

Best regards,
Richard.