RE: Setting colour on a multi-plot indicator

J.,

My apologies.  I was answering Bill's question about there being a faster way.  As you describe, I know of no other way to get multi-color plots from a
Custom Indicator except to manually select each and set the color.  Oh I wish we could set the color in the indicator.  That would open a lot of
possibilities.

See also my response to Bill's post.

Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO

12/21/00 7:04:32 AM, "j seed" <jseed_10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Dave,
>I am completely lost with your explanation. I know that I can plot a
>multicolored oscillator...green for increasing and red for declining simply
>by using an if statement to plot or not plot(value zero). This works with an
>oscillator simply because I can plot to a value of zero. I can also plot a
>third indicator simply by adding a moving average into the formula. This
>still requires that I manually select the colors that I desire for each and
>yes I can simply this operation by assigning all of this to a template.
>But...I still cannot assign the color in the formula which is what I thought
>the question was(wouldn't that be nice! Metastock can you take a hint?).
>Beyond this point your explanation has me lost. So...if you don't mind would
>you give us some more detail?
>
>J.

Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO