  To: <A
  href="mailto:metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2000 12:13
  AM
  Subject: Re: Also need a little
help

  Dick,
  If you have the historical data for the earlier ticker symbol already on
  your machine, the just go into the Downloader and edit the stock.  Change
  the ticker symbol and/or name, and on your next download it will pick up the
  new data without changing the existing data.
  If you have neither in your machine, you'll follow a similar process with
  one more step.  Exxon Mobil is a good example (XOM).  First do a
  download of Exxon (XON), that should give you data going back quite a few
  years.  Then change the ticker symbol to XOM in the Downloader (and the
  security name), and do another download.
  That should complete your data.
  Dave Nadeau
  Fort Collins, CO
    Dick Bryden <rbryden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Could
    someone advise me how I combine data where a stock has changed itsname
    (and symbol); i.e. how do I 'marry' the two sets of data?Thanks in
    anticipation, Dick B.

  Do You Yahoo!?Yahoo!
  Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of
Products.