RE: Any hardware help?

Did you add memory or replace your old memory?  If you added, was it the
same type and speed as the old?  You might try moving the memory chips
around to see if the symptom changes.  That is, if you have 4 chips, put the
first 2 into the 3rd & 4th slots and move the 3 & 4 into the 1 & 2 slots.
Without knowing the type of memory you have the safest thing is to move them
in pairs.

Also, having more RAM will cause your swap file to be larger.  If you're
short on disk space this could have made your free disk space much smaller
than previously.

Bill