From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Kent Rollins
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2000 1:15 AM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Market Gurus

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on Elder's "Trading for a Living".  By
chance, it was the first book on trading that I read.  I consider myself
lucky to have read it first.  I think it is a terriffic introduction to
trading.  I consider it a beginners book, but in that respect it is
excellent.  The thing that he is trying to do with starting the day thinking
negative and comparing traders to alcoholics is to warn you how easy it is
to get wrapped up in the process and blow your trading capital (which I
think he admitted in the book to doing more than once).  He warns the reader
repeatedly not to overtrade and blow out and I personally think that is the
greatest single piece of advice you can get starting out.  You can't trade
if you don't have anything to trade with.  He tells a story of a friend of
his who traded himself up a huge fortune and then went on a sex-tour thru a
few asian nations with positions in the markets and no stops and emerged
from the escapade a few weeks later with a big grin on his face but a big
zero in his trading account (from memory, I could be off on the details).  I
think it's a great intro to trading.  Introduces the reader to psychology,
money management and indicators.  If someone told me they wanted to start
trading and asked me how to go about it, I would tell them to read this book
before anything else.

Kent