=== Looping constructs.

> Gary

I might write a complex formula consisting of many MetaStock functions in
the explorer in  which I want to change the values of the parameters between
certain pre-defined limits , for example
------------------------
For A in 21 to 55 Loop

If( Alert(Cross(Close, VeryLongAndComplexFormula(A) ) , 3), +1,  0)

End Loop
------------------------
In order to achieve this without a looping construct, which I have done in
not so elegant a fashion, I have had to write extremely long code to test
every other instance of the parameter A i.e. hard code the formula 17 times
using the OR Separator in fact I couldn't test every instance because their
is simply not enough space to code for the buy and sell sides and include
other functions which are in themselves candidates for nested loops.

The code windows in Metastock do eventually run out of coding lines. There
is a limit to how many lines of code you can write.

All this could be achieved quite easily using enhanced program flow and
nested loops

I know you can change the parameters in the system tester, but what about
the explorer and the expert builder?

If you have an easy way of achieving this please let me know.

ade Kolade
Synopsys Limited

Tel:       +44 (0)0207 250 1990
Fax:      +44 (0)0207 553 4713
Email:    adeniyi.kolade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www      http://www.synopsys.ltd.uk

> ----------

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The contents of this email and any transmitted files are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. Synopsys hereby excludes any warranty and any
liability as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email
and any attached transmitted files. If you are not the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and
that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the Technology
Department at Synopsys Ltd. on +44 (0)20 7250 1990.