Re: Y2K and Crude Oil

Does Venezuela still have currency troubles?

Kent

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Wallace <gcwallace@xxxxxxxx>
To: MetaStock listserver <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, December 29, 1999 1:28 PM
Subject: Y2K and Crude Oil

Although I'm not a Y2K doomsayer, I was doing some research on possible
Y2K effects on a long term crude oil position I am holding through the
rollover.

As expected, most information is conflicting or vague, but there's some
consistency in speculation of possible Venezuelan production disruptions
that might not be fully factored into the market.  There's a chance of a
volatile, fast market next week and stops might not give adequate
protection.  I am certainly not recommending taking a position, but if
you're short crude oil you might want to get to the sidelines for the
weekend.  In any case, stay on your toes.

Good luck.