Odd problem in trying to write an indicator

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

For a while now, I've been playing with putting
Bollinger Bands on oscillators, then manipulating them
so that the upper and lower bands represent values of
100 and 0, while the oscillator moves up and down between
(and occasionally above or below) them.  No Holy Grail there,
but I find it neater and easier to read than simply throwing the
bands on  the oscillator graph.  Until recently, I was doing it
in SuperCharts, and it worked okay, save for coping with
SC's intolerance for divide-by-zero errors.  No problems
now that I've returned to Metastock, either.

Until now.

Today I tried to average three of these things, and it
just doesn't work.  The indicators (based on the RSI)
give the expected wiggly lines.  Add them up, and divide
by three, and what I get is a constant, a nice, straight
line!  In fact, simply adding them up produces a constant
-85.  Using the Add() function unstead of a simple plus
produces the same thing -- not that I doubted it would.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?  Or how to
get out of it.

Many thanks.

Owen Davies