Re: MetaStock for Quote.com's QFeed

<x-html><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
quite
</x-html>From ???@??? Wed Dec 01 17:25:46 1999
From: "Louise/Brian Garnant" <babakid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Printing problems
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 19:37:02 -0500
Sender: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, I have been having trouble also. Interesting that you have not.
Sometimes the page "prints" out with only the top inch or so of the chart
printed, and none of the rest. Sometimes it seems to do better if I
completely wait until one chart has printed before I try to print the next
one. Time consuming in that the HP 4l gives beautiful laser prints, just
slow, 4 pages per minute of type, the graphics in the charts make it print
much slower.
I really like Metastock overall, and have just started using Metastock again
with "Candlestick Commentary" on charts. My biggest complaint, and please
tell Steve Achilles this, is that I am not a computer programmer, I know
what I want to do with a trading system, but trying to "write" the program
in Metastock is challenging to the point that I have given up. Searched for
vendors that have done the work, in a "canned" program, and there are
disappointingly few. And there is so little tutorial information provided
with Metastock, the documentation is so sparse in this regards, I
unfortunately am reluctant to go on to the later version from the first and
only 6.52 that I have purchased. Please add twenty dollars to the price and
provide a better documentation package. After all, not everyone is a
programmer. I have been using a computer since the Atari 64 days. Am a cost
engineer. But despite the stuff on your website, and the great stuff from
Guppy in Australia, and the monthly Stocks and Commodities contribution,
there is not quite enough explanation of the basic code and the nuts and
bolts of it for people like me to understand it, and make sense of how to
write the code. With proper documentation it was great writing Macros in
Lotus 123 back in the 80's. Tried taking the simplest stuff and putting it
into Metastock and I gave up after a month and bought OmniTrader. Despite
the power of Metastock, if I can't crack it (the way to use it) I can't use
it.
Do you need a writer to write in layman's terms so that *English Majors* can
understand how to write systems? Be happy to talk with you about helping to
write the next edition of the documentation.
Thanks for listening, and was serious about the next set of documentation!
Brian Garnant
301-840-3830