AW: Relative Strenght Index vs. Dynamic Momentum Index

Glen,

thanks for pointing to TASC, I'll check to see if the $3 are still in
my budget after the christmas spendings :-)

Last night I experimented with applying DMI to the StochRSI and Dynamic
Zones. The results look promising: Especially on high volatile stocks
like those internet beasts, the signals come earlier by one or two days.
With stocks which easily jump 8 to 20 % per day, this gives a significant
change in result - unfortunately as well as in the wrong direction :-)

Cheers,

Andreas

For those who may want to play with this, here are my translations:

StochDMI:
N := Input("Time Periods", 3, 220, 28);
(Sum(DMI(CLOSE)-LLV(DMI(CLOSE),N),3)/
Sum(HHV(DMI(CLOSE),N)-LLV(DMI(CLOSE),N),3))*100

Dynamic Zones (DMI-Version):
PB:=Input("Enter Periods for BUY",1,100,70);
PS:=Input("Enter Periods for SELL",1,100,70);

UpZone:=Mov(DMI(CLOSE),PS,S)+(1.3185 *Stdev(DMI(CLOSE),PS));
LwZone:=Mov(DMI(CLOSE),PB,S)-(1.3185 *Stdev(DMI(CLOSE),PB));
UpZone;
LwZone;