Re: Disk Problem

1. Run a "full" instance of a current version of ScanDisk, eg the Win9.x version
    and see Help for instructions (current versions can be downloaded from
    Microsoft's Customer Support Windows download-website(s)).

2. Run a "modified" instance of an also 'current' Defrag, eg the Win9.x version
    and run Defrag as follows:

1.-on DeskTop click My Computer
2.-select the appropiate Drive(Station) to Defrag
3.-1x right-click this Drive for Properties
4.-in Properties-window click the Tools-tab
5.-on the Tools-tab click "Defrag now"
6.-In the "Defragmentation"-window
     6a.-click "Advanced"
                   -In the "Advanced Options"-window:
                        -click radio button for "Full defragmentation ..."
                        -uncheck "Scan station on errors"
                           (eg Defrag's own scan-disk program)
                        -click radio button for "Save these options for next time"
                        -click OK
      6b.-click "Select station"
                   -In the "Select Station"-window:
                        -select the appropiate drive
                        -click OK
      6c.-click "Start"(Run)
7.-When finished:
            -click Close to close the Defrag program
             (and to return to the Tools-tab in 5).

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying and
note the new address change. Also for my Homepage
http://home.planet.nl/~anthmaas