65,500 record limit

Equis:

I would strongly suggest the increase of the 65,500 record limit for
MetaStock data files.

In MetaStock EOD 65,500 records represents more than 250 years of data, so
it is a reasonable limit, if one is required.  For MetaStock Pro, however,
this represents just 6 years of 10-minute data and just 8 months of 1-minute
data.  The use of tick data is utterly impractical.

The record limitation makes any system design and testing with intraday data
impractical, and regrettably users are forced to switch to TradeStation.

MetaStock Pro 7 is now a powerful and reliable engine, ready for serious
traders, yet the record limitation has effectively knocked it out of the
race.  I understand that the limit was put in place many years ago simply to
cap file size at some reasonable level for the slower computers with limited
hard disk space.  Obviously, that is not the case now.

I would strongly urge you to raise the limit in MetaStock Pro to at least 15
million records.

I would appreciate hearing your comments on this suggestion, and the
likelihood of it being implemented in the next upgrade, the next new
version, or at all.

cc: MetaStock Technical Support
     MetaStock Sales
     MetaStock Listserver