Re: Increasing the MetaStock(R) Formula Language with MetaStock 7

  • To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Increasing the MetaStock(R) Formula Language with MetaStock 7
  • From: Tom Strickland <tstrickland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:22:53 -0800

Daniel,

You can't have your ice cream and your money back too!   :-)   Either you
must use a simple but limited language such as MetaStock's System Tester or
you must use a standard programming language such as C++, Basic, etc.
Unfortunately, it does take time to learn a programming language, but there
seems to be no way around it. If there were, someone would have come up
with one that vastly simplifies the standard languages used for general
programming.

MetaStock's approach seems to be better than Omega Research's to deal with
more complex systems. Based on previous postings, I gather that the new
MetaStock Version 7.0 will retain the System Tester but allow us to
supplement it with more complex instructions written in a compatible,
standard programming language of our choice. By contrast, Omega Research
uses its EasyLanguage. It appears to me that it is much more complex than
System Tester and it's expensive (~$2000). Thus, you have to spend a lot of
money to buy it and then spend lots of time learning to use it. Neither
System Tester nor a full programming language is that expensive, and you
don't have to spend lots of time learning unless you want to do complex
systems.

At least, that's the way I see it based upon what we have been told about
the soon-to-be-available MetaStock Version 7.0. BTW, I have no personal
interest in Equis except as a MetaStock user, but if they would like to
send me a large check for this plug, I'll cash it.

Tom