Re: Increasing the MetaStock(R) Formula Language with MetaStock 7

Programs like MetaStock, allowing custom VB (or other programming languages)
add-ons, keeps programming consultants like myself busy.
 I've been programming for over 20 years and enjoy it.  I would not want to
learn how to program while earning a living doing something else.
Our lives are too busy for that.  So, if you want an indicator or formula
programmed, drop me a private email.

Don
Web developer
Visual Basic programmer
MetaStock programmer
http://www.abbracadabra.com/cybercast

You Wrote:

I concur.  Learning to program is a complicated process.  I don't want to put a
damper on the celebrations here, but becoming proficient at
programming could take up to a year.  That is, of course, if you were to spend
at least 2 hours a day on VB.  It's hard enough to learn how to
program in VBA, now we are expected to program in full VB?  I think not.  Maybe
when I'm not full-time trading, not system testing, not learning
new TA methods, not learning Elliot Wave...
Fact is, the average full-time trader wants to make money, not learn how to
program VB.  I think a more efficient route would be for Equis to
create a program similar to RadarScreen to track large numbers of stocks in
realtime.  I have been tracking a (much smaller) group of stocks
delayed and this is definitely a way to spot moving stocks during the day.

Just my 2½,
Daniel.

Walter Lake wrote:

Don
What you say makes perfect sense ... the installed base of VB and Excel is
huge. What is this "Power Basic" nonsense to mainstream users ... just more
"not really being helpful stuff" to confuse and complicate the issue?

Let me know when your program is ready. I'd be glad to work with someone who
is trying not "trying".

Best regards

Walter

Daniel Martinez <DanM@xxxxxxxxxx> on 11/04/99 10:08:49 PM