Re: Increasing the MetaStock(R) Formula Language with MetaStock 7

Dear Cheryl + EquisSupp,

> Things that you cannot do with an MSX DLL include:
> * GUI functions including plotting and user dialogs.
> * Access the standard MetaStock built-in functions from within your DLL.

For accessing the above functionalities, wich are most intresting to users in/for
their automation +programming efforts on program's 'daily usage' functionalities
and of which most of these are held in dll, ocx or com files and for which most
are also commonly shipped with any other applications/programs and which
access is therefore also usualy provided for free by most software-makers, eg
via their program's (VB) Visual Basic-compatabilitiness, you can.......................
................................................................................................................... .

The above was missing in your excellent explanation briefing (at the finishing
end) on the new in MS v7 included MSDK's "MSX-API"-functionality extension
feature.

Hope this time around you can finish it, by providing us the "missing dotted"
line(s) at the end!.

Adding the PowerBASIC compatabliness is surely an attractive programming tool,
but is much for the very advanced users that are looking for "Accounting Programming"
ways within the MS program, and not for the majority of users who would like programming
and automating the average Accounting- and most of the Technical functionalities of
the program, eg accessable through the parts mentioned at the top (and mentioned
here above).

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying and
note the new address change. Also for my Homepage
http://home.planet.nl/~anthmaas