Re: Equis 6.52 Y2k offer

Hi Al,

Going line by line ...

>... Would it be
>...advantaneous to accept the $10 CD upgrade only, or would it be worth the
>...dollars to buy the program with the manual?

 I also "... use MS strictly for the charting abilities.." with minor forays into explorations. As
such, I would stay with  MetaStock ver 5.11 unless Y2K issue. I consider $10 a fair deal for Equis'
refusal to support old MS after 2000. As for manual, I certainly can do without, especially
considering that the most stuff you may need is in Help file ( as it used to be in older MS). As for

my needs (charting+Indicator Builder), improvements in MS 6.52 are not significant. Fortunately,
they are not profound either, so I can work with it like used to with 5.11 without learning anything

new (almost).

> ... as to any difficulties in installation and conversion of data into the new Downloader?

No problems in installation, though I put MS 6.52 on a separate drive to keep old MS 5.11 active
(requesting to import my old formulas, etc.).

The only BIG BIG pain is an inability to set an accuracy (# of decimals) for prices as shown in
DataWindow  (see my separate e-plea). Therefore, I still use MS 5.11, since I still cannot make me
stand seeing prices like 45.44, 12.13, ... Though, I doubt that paying the full price for MS 6.52
would make it disappear.

Also, MS 6.52 may not fit persons with low self-esteem. Seems I've got  an export version MS - it
has a strong foreign accent. It cannot spell out the letter "a" in my First/Last names leaving just
blanks in Logo which shows when MS 6.52 starts. But if you are able to not take it personally, it's
fine :-) . Reinstallation didn't help, so I thought - "nothing personal" - and stopped bothering
(LOL).

> ...  My data collection and conversion is handles by Quotes Plus 2.

Either do I. Therefore, I use Downloader for file manipulations only.

Cheers, Vitaly