From: owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Harvey Pearce
Sent: Monday, November 01, 1999 10:15 PM
To: metastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PRO 7.0 Question

The following is from the Help file.  No mention of MSX.  The Manual
(p.297) just says "For information on the Equis Solution Provider
program and the MetaStock Developer's Kit, go to www.equis.com."
Suggest you contact Equis support.

HHP
===

New Features in Version 7.0

The following list shows many of the new features added to version 7.0
(as compared to version 6.52).

·       MetaStock's new DataOnDemand(tm) technology allows you to view data
stored on a remote computer.  You just type or select a symbol in the
Open dialog and the data flows instantly from your data vendor to your
chart.
·       A new page has been added to Application Properties to control
options
for the Online Data Vendor.
·       The New, Open, and Save dialogs now include a Shortcut Bar for quick
access to your securities, and new menus to customize the way you open
charts.

·       The History shortcut in the New, Open, and Save dialogs lists all
items that you have recently opened from the Open dialog.
·       The Local Data Shortcut Bar shortcut in the New, Open, and Save
dialogs displays the most recent folder you have opened a local security
from.
·       The Favorites Shortcut Bar shortcut in the New, Open, and Save
dialogs
displays your list of favorites.  To add an item to favorites, choose
Add to Favorites from the Tools menu in the New, Open, or Save dialog,
or from the item's right-click shortcut menu.

·       The Explorer can now be run on multiple explorations simultaneously.
·       File maintenance commands are now available within Exploration
reports.
·       Results of an exploration can be saved as a list to be used in the
Explorer or The DownLoader.
·       The Security Data function allows you to access price data for any
security in a custom formula.
·       The Change Security commands now work on all charts in a layout.

·       You can change the color of individual plots of a multiple-plot
indicator.
·       You can save your graphic as a PNG file with the Save as HTML
feature.
·       You can insert any other security into a chart using the Insert
Security command.  Choose Security from the Insert menu.
·       You can update MetaStock with the latest patches automatically by
choosing MetaStock Updates from the Tools menu.
·       You can update the Symbol Database automatically by choosing Update
Symbol Database from the Tools menu.

·       Expert alerts can send notifications via e-mail and pagers.
·       The Date Compression button on the Chart Toolbar and page in the
X-Axis properties are now labeled Periodicity.
·       The Custom Toolbar allows you to add shortcuts to your favorite
charts, layouts, templates, URL's, applications, and documents to
MetaStock's toolbar.
·       Quotes and Research menus have been added to the chart shortcut
menu.
They provide access to the following features on the Internet:  Current
Quotes, Option Chains, Broker Recommendations, Broker Research, Company
News, Financial Highlights, Financials, Insider Trading, Institutional
Ownership, Performance/Short Interest, Ratio Comparison.

·       The Fibbonacci Retracements now display the percentage next to the
Retracement on a chart.

Mark Brown wrote:

> Can someone who has the Pro 7.0 verify that it indeed has the SDK or the
MDK
> as MetaStock claims it will be included?
>
> Thanks, Mark Brown
>
> MetaStock External Functions (MSX)
>
> MetaStock's  External Functions capability, or MSX, effectively removes
all
> limits from what traders can do with the MetaStock formula language. They
> can use MSX to build literally any indicator he or she can imagine, then
> integrate it into MetaStock, effectively removing all limits to what a
> trader can do in MetaStock.  MSX is best used with the MetaStock
Developer's
> Kit (below).
>
> The MetaStock Developer's Kit (MDK)
>
> The MetaStock Developer's Kit (MDK), released simultaneously with
MetaStock