Re: start up problem

>From eye-balling the address is incorrect.

The Start Up-folder is part of the Windows "Start Up-routine"-procedure and should
only hold links to files that User wants to be RUN.................on Start Up.

-In this Start Up-folder, only links (files with the .lnk extension) are to be stored, eg
  the 1 kB (text) links that refer to their consequtive "real" files (program file(s)), that
  are stored "in full" elsewhere on disk.
-Only (and right) on Start Up, Windows will RUN these links, better it will RUN the
  referenced files (exe's or other files) themselves, eg files that these link-files refer to.
-To my knowledge no "program"-folder (or any other folder) should ever be stored in
  this Start Up-folder, for they will not ever be called upon ('seen') by
  the OS (eg Windows) Start Up-procedure.
------------------------------------
Example:
Here the Windows' Start Up-folder is situated below the Programs-folder, eg
             "C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up"

To create a (shortcut) link:
1.-In Windows Explorer, go to the Start Up folder
             "C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up"
2.-In the pane on the right :
             - right-click and choose New
             - click the "Shortcut"- template (2nd from the Top)
             - type for Address:
                      "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IExplorer.exe"
             - type for Name:
                      "Internet Explorer"
             -click OK
3.-Re-Boot (or Log-off/Re-Start Windows)

The Start Up-folder will now hold a shortcut link to IExplorer.exe, eg
             "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IExplorer.exe"
and the link is named "Internet Explorer" and placed in the "Start Up" folder
will have IE5 start the same time when Windows (eg the GUI) starts.

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying and
note the new address change. Also for my Homepage
http://home.planet.nl/~anthmaas