Re: Strange bug?

Glen,

I replicated your "month-switch-over" and have no problems whatsoever.

Here the "Control Panel|Regional Settings" for the Windows' OS dates
is set to: yyyymmdd
and data "copied" from the Downloader and pasted into a new Excel
spreadsheet instance, automatically gets the Equis' default
notation: mm/dd/yyyy
and is also seen by the Excel program as text.
This text-bit I have tested by the   =IsText(A1:A6)    function, and the results
were True.
Here the cell properties-tab also states that the cells are in the 'Standard' format
(eg common for/in the default xlb-Workbook Template).
Going into the cells properties further, will allow me to change this arrangement to
my likings (whatever line up I prefer), and can be done pre or after the pasting.

Also my Excel's default "blanc-spreadsheet-on-opening" (eg the xlb workbook
template used by the Excel program on start up) here does have the settings for
its cell properties set to the common "Standard" option (eg when I open a new instance
and right click for instance cell A1|Properties).
And this is still my 'original' first template created after the installation of the Excel
program a couple of years ago, when only some of my Tools|Options|...... settings
were implemented, like the amount of sheets that a workbook should hold,
my user name, the default folder etc. etc. .

Therefore, imo, your Excel's template for "new sheets on opening" has slightly
been "corrupted", eg you should try and replace it by a copy of the one that always
gets copied (gets created) on such a standard Excel installation, eg you will just
have to re-create it.

To re-create:
-go to the C:\Windows folder or do a search, eg search for the file  Excel8.xlb
-also search for the file   xxxx8.xlb   (where xxxx is your Excel's user name,
  see for your username Tools|Options|General)
-rename the original   xxxx8.xlb   to   xxxx8-old.xlb
-copy the file   Excel8.xlb   to another folder and rename it to the original  xxxx8.xlb
 (eg where xxxx  is your Excel's user name)
-move this renamed   "yourname"8.xlb   to the C:\Windows folder (or to the folder
 where you have first found it)
-Run Excel

Note that the  C:\Windows  folder was also the folder automatically picked by
the Excel set-up for storing the Workbook Template and that "8" is the version # of
my Excel program.

Regards,
Ton Maas
ms-irb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dismiss the ".nospam" bit (including the dot) when replying and
note the new address change. Also for my Homepage
http://home.planet.nl/~anthmaas